Statement

  • Garsot's Message

     This is what I do best. I love what I'm doing. My message is that this is a way to transmit some poisitive messages to people. This is not a political style. This is something that most people are interested in today, a clean and healthy environment. That's why I show this in my paintings, in a realistic way or through surreal expression. Elements of surreal and real are related. They talk to each other and together they form a unique expression and always in my themes there is an optimistic feeling.
     I'd love my art to be like a substitute for doctor's drugs.I'd like anyone who sees my artwork to say, "Yes! This is a good day today!" After that you don't have to fight with anyone.
I'm sure that I'm doing something good with my work. I don't know if I'm changing the history of Art for more or less an inch, but because I love it I'm pleased with what I'm doing. I love people and I'd like to create anything that will make everyone feel good for a better tomorrow.

S. G. G.

  • Exhibits:

Garsot's work has been shown in various parts of the world.

      In America:
The New England Fine Arts Institute in Boston, MA
The Hellenic Museum in Chicago, IL
The Illinois Art Institute
TIMOTCA, The International Museum of Twentieth Century Arts in Laguna Beach, CA
Many One Man Shows in Galleries in Los Angeles, CA and on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, CA
Also exhibits is Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, as well as the International Art Expo in Los Angeles, CA and Houston, TX.
     In 1988 Garsot's paintings were part of a special exhibition along with the works of Picasso, Salvador Dali, Erte, and Miro (the most famous artists of the 20th century)


     In other parts of the World - From 1972 to 1978
Johannesburg, South Africa Pretoria, South Africa.

     1998 - 1999
Garsot is listed in Who's Who International

  • Awards:

1988: Garsot received the 1st Award on his artwork for the centennial of Orange County, California Theme: Orange County Tomorrow.
2000: Garsot received the Twenty-First Century Achievement Award by the American Biographical Institute as most admirable and whose career achievements and social contributions have been selected for permanent documentation in 500 LEADERS OF INFLUENCE designed for biographical reference and inspiration for present-day citizens of the Twenty-First Century as well as future generations.
500 LEADERS OF INFLUENCE will be on permanent record at the U.S. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
Publication date: 2001